IPMasqing firewall with a Windows client problem

The problem is that my wife's windows box will make external connections
but won't finish downloading anything but the smallest pages.  It also
seems to timeout on network connections on the intranet.  The odd thing
is that there is a dual-boot Linux/Windows machine that is having no
problems whatsoever also on the network.  The windows box in question
gets a proper ip address from DHCP and can ping other boxes and external
hosts.  Pings from the other machines on the network to the windows box
are ok, but occasionally packets get dropped.  If the machine is put on
a direct connection to the internet, it has no problems.

The firewall is a Debian 2.2 fresh install with a custom built kernel
connected to a DSL line.  It is running the ipmasq .deb, samba  and
providing dhcp to the internal network.  Portsentry is monitoring
incoming connections, but I've checked /etc/hosts.deny and there's
nothing there
that shouldn't be.

I've tested the cables, switched the hub connections, switched out
network cards and reinstalled the drivers on the windows box several
times.

Anyone want to take a shot at solving this one?

Thanks,
Matt Ray
slack@linuxfreak.com