Firewall on a debian Box.

Hi, I need to set up a firewall on my company's small network.  What I
have in mind is a box that does packet filtering, shuts down unused ports,
and such.  This machine would have to be transparent as we do web
hosting.  So some thing that looks like this:

	       +------+  +------------+  +------+
The Internet --|Router|--|Firewall Box|--|Switch|-- Our Network
               +------+  +------------+  +------+

If that makes any sense.  My question is where do I start?  Is there any
good software or documentation that deals with this kind of set up?  I
know I can start shutting down ports using ipchains, but some one else
must already be using a set up like this.

Thanks,

		-Matt-

 Matt Kopishke			kopishke@midcoast.com |
 Blue Note Technology         http://bluenotetech.com |