Iptables FW under 2.4.0-test11

I have a headless server running a basic ipchains (kernel 2.2.x)
firewall and doing NAT. I'd like to run 2.4.0-test11 on that machine
since I have been very pleased with the performance of 2.4.0-test11 on
my desktop machine, and also because I am very impatient and can't stand
to have a machine running a 2.2.x kernel!

What packages would I need to run an iptables firewall on the headless
server ? I am already running woody on both systems.

Also, how much easier, if at all, is iptables to administer and setup
compared to ipchains ?

Can someone point me to docs on setting up IPTables ? I had a look at
the Linux-2.4-PacketFiltering HOWTO located at:

http://netfilter.kernelnotes.org/unreliable-guides/packet-filtering-HOWTO.html

but the document seems to be dated May 01/2000. I was hoping that there
was a more up-to-date version of the same document somewhere.

My setup is as follows:

headless server w/ 2 NICs: Sohoware 10/100 (eth0) connected to a Terayon
Cable modem; D-Link 530TX+ (eth1) for the internal network (192.168.1.*)
connected using a crossover cable to an identical D-Link NIC in my
desktop machine.

If anyone has URLs, links, etc. to IPTables HOWTOs, articles,
etc. please let me know.

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed