Re: Newbie, someone have how-to on from-scratch Debian firewall?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by transparent filtering, but if you mean you
only set the gateway on the clients, I can say "yes"...However, I use the 2.4.0
kernels with iptables (ipmasq in two commands :o)

	--xsdg

::snip!::

> somewhat unrelated note..
> anyone know how well linux does transparent filtering? anyone tried this?
>
>  - brian.

::snip!::