Re: modifying boot floppies to do a firewall only install.

Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 05:17:35AM +0800, niall@holbytla.org wrote:
> > I just (subscribed and) posted a similar query to debian-user - does anyone
> > know of an existing project along these lines or should I go ahead and start
> > one?:
>
> We have one, it is called debwall. It is not only for the boot-floppy usage,
> but for debian in firewalls. I think you can use the debwall mailing list to
> communicate for your project (its quite dead recently)
>
> I need a similiar project, a boot disk with openSSL on it for making a
> secure single disk CA system.
>
> Greetings
> BErnd
> --

 If somebody will start such a project please cc me since I'm interested
to help.
Well with testing and writing documentation since my programming skills
are kinnda missing(except for some basic shell scripting).:-)
 But I definitely think that we need a project that will do a quick base
install
and leave all the configuration for afterwards.At least that's my idea
and I planned to start modifying the dbootstrap in this regard the
coming week,now that TestCycle3 CD is out .I planned to use this to make
an install for a firewall for
home use where you don't need to much except for the base and maybe
dial-up,ISDN,PPoE .I did a base install+dial-up at work and all I needed
extra was
the firewall script.
 Ofcourse if somebody more knowledgeable will start a project that will
do exactly this I'd rather help with what I can.

Thanks

--
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it.
     Alan Saporta