Re: Basic info on ports/services

> Just get the nmap package and scan yourself.

   The problem with that is that when I scan from the local machine or from
inside the local network I get a different set of ports because of the
ipchains rules which are in place.  Something external is nice because it
lets me easily see what others are seeing.

--
 Regards, | Do you like browsing the web, independent of whatever
 .        | type of computer you are talking to on the other end?