Re: More spf questions (bug report?)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Michael Wood wrote:

> I think what he means is this:
> In the control channel, he sends the RETR command to download
> the file.  The data channel is opened up and the file starts
> downloading.  The downloading works fine, receiving data and
> sending ACKs.  While the data is getting transferred on the data
> channel, the command channel is idle.  Because the command
> channel is idle, the reverse rule expires for the command
> channel.

That's correct, it's what I meant, although I did not state it so clearly.

> The simplest solution I can think of is to install an FTP proxy
> server :)

I will probably do that in the near future, but I wanted to avoid delving
into this right now. Would dante (in potato and/or woody) do the trick,
for example?

> Otherwise, is it possible to configure spf to get rid
> of the reverse rule only when the connection is actually closed?
> You would probably need a timeout, though, but that could be set
> to a few hours or something, rather than 30 seconds.  Maybe this
> is the way it works already?

I would like to know, but it does not seem to work this way right now.

Thanks
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it, gmulas@tiscalinet.it, gmulas@eso.org>

OSSERVATORIO  ASTRONOMICO
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel.: +39 070 71180 216     Fax : +39 070 71180 222

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
 Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read..."
              (Groucho Marx)