Re: Debain Firewalls With Slink

On Mon, 17 May 1999 14:48:55 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>I am trying to set up a Firewall using slink?  but I am stuck on what
>packages debain needs as a minimum for a firewall.  Does anyone have a
>list of what packages should be installed.  I have install the baseis
>profile which is about 28Mb should any of these packages be removed or
>should I install others.

I usually start over without any profiles installed (dselect sucks
that big, I avoid it where I can) with a barely booting system. When I
need a program or a file, I grep Contents.txt to learn which package
it is in and then use apt-get to install that package. apt-get then
proceeds to pull in any package that the package-to-be-installed
depends on.

Works fine and yields a slim system.

Greetings
Marc