Re: Debain Firewalls With Slink

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 02:48:55PM +0000, Graham Lillico +44 1785 782329 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up a Firewall using slink?  but I am stuck on what
> packages debain needs as a minimum for a firewall.  Does anyone have a
> list of what packages should be installed.  I have install the baseis
> profile which is about 28Mb should any of these packages be removed or
> should I install others.

Assuming that you have read the Firewall HOWTO, please tell us what type
of firewall you intend to use.

Trying to remove any of the base packages is probably problematical.
(They are in the base system for some reason, after all.)  One thing to
be very aware of, is any service (see /etc/inetd.conf & the startup
scripts in /etc/init.d) that the firewall system provides network
access to.

Good luck,
David H. Silber

--