Re: OT: [Fwd: Linux Today: Richard Stallman -- Boycott Amazon!]

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Roberto Micarelli wrote:

> just read this url
>
> http://linuxtoday.com/story.php3?sn=13652

Boycott the US Patent Office... they are the ones causing the problem.
Amazon is just showing good sense by taking advantage of the situation.

FWIW, purchasing a mess of books about a week ago I did a price comparison
between amazon.com and bn.com, and bn.com was significantly less
expensive. In fact, every book that I checked was either the same price
(within pennies) or 10-20% less than at amazon.com.  If I had ordered from
amazon.com, I would have payed about $15.00 more for the total order. (I'm
in the US, both ship overseas, but I don't know if there is a difference
there.)

Not that I think you should support Barnes Ignoble either, but it is just
silly to buy from amazon right now... even if you don't care about the
patent silliness.

-Jon

Familiarity breeds contempt -- and children.
                -- Mark Twain