Re: Should I propose a Debian Firewall?

matt ittigson wrote:

> Rene Mayrhofer <rene.mayrhofer@vianova.at> writes:
>
> > Paul M Sargent wrote:
> >

> [snip]
>
> > Two packages that were created for Gibraltar are already in the main
> > Debian distribution: logcheck and pptpd (I am the maintainer).
>
> i _really_ want a logcheck package for a slink system but have been
> too lazy to do anything about it myself.  i've searched around and
> haven't found anyone else that does it, though.  do you maintain one
> for slink too (it seems that it wouldn't be too different)?
You could download the source code and compile it, it has no problems
with building under slink. If I find time to do so, I will compile it
and write a mail to debian-firewall when it comes available.

Download and compile:
  apt-get source logcheck
  cd logcheck_1.1.1-<version>
  dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
  sudo dpkg -i ../logcheck_1.1.1-version_i386.deb

greets,
Rene