Re: min. requirements revisited

My firewall hardware: an old Pentium 100 on a PCI MB, 16Mbyte ram,
100Mbyte Harddisk, 3 10/100 NICs, floppy disk drive.  Video card, but
no moniter.  Keyboard because the MB won't boot without one, but no
mouse.  I know of atleast one firewall setup on a 386sx with 12Mbytes
ram, two floppies, and no harddisk.  If Linux will run on it and the
NICs are supported, then you can setup a firewall on it.

I use three NICs because I have a DMZ where my web server resides.
1 NIC is dedicated to the Cisco 675 via a crossover cable, and the
others go to my local network hub and my DMZ hub.

I see no throughput problems at all.  Stuff transfered from my local
network to the DMZ network flies, and throughput on the DSL link is
choked by the DSL link's max speed.