Re: Portforwarding??

> On 5 Nov 99, at 9:52, Tim Sailer wrote:
> I believe that you need to have a ftp proxy running for this to
> work, just for this reason.
> Tim
It works on some interfaces, and that is without an ftp proxy.

> On 5 Nov 99, at 10:03, Don Gillaspie wrote:
> Are they using passive mode transfers?
> What client ftp software are they using?
I have tried both connection techniques and several different client
software. But should this really matter? As long as we stick to the
ftp rfc all clients should be able to connect.

>On 5 Nov 99, at 10:49, charlesiii@theverge.com wrote:
> I have just the other day. Are you using masq for the
> box ?
Yes, certainly. I dont want to reveal my dmz network information.

> > I have set up a firewall system with several aliased interfaces and
> > Ip:s. All the virtual interaces are portforwarded into a dmz where my
> > webservers reside. Some of my web servers also provide ftp
> > services and this is handled by doing portforwarding on the virtual
> > interface and translate the trafic between the origin and the host.
> >
> > Everything works fine. Except som strange effects in the ftp trafic.
> > My clints can connect but when they do trafic (ls) on the data-
> > channel (20) the transfer seems to get stuck. When Ive analyzed
> > the trfaic with tcpdump it seems that the client get confused by the
> > outgoing communication coming from the original interface of the
> > firewall.
> >
> > My question. Has anybody successfully managed to portforward ftp
> > trafic on a aliased interface?? If so plzzzz tell me how.
Johan Hagström           Data Ingenjör / KTH
Direkt: 0498 - 202732    johan.hagstrom@intron.se
Växel:  0498 - 202700    Fax: 0498 - 214640
Intron Service AB        http://www.gotlandica.com

"Security is not a solution. It is a way of life."