Portforwarding??

I have set up a firewall system with several aliased interfaces and
Ip:s. All the virtual interaces are portforwarded into a dmz where my
webservers reside. Some of my web servers also provide ftp
services and this is handled by doing portforwarding on the virtual
interface and translate the trafic between the origin and the host.

Everything works fine. Except som strange effects in the ftp trafic.
My clints can connect but when they do trafic (ls) on the data-
channel (20) the transfer seems to get stuck. When Ive analyzed
the trfaic with tcpdump it seems that the client get confused by the
outgoing communication coming from the original interface of the
firewall.

My question. Has anybody successfully managed to portforward ftp
trafic on a aliased interface?? If so plzzzz tell me how.

Best regards Johan
Johan Hagström           Data Ingenjör / KTH
Direkt: 0498 - 202732    johan.hagstrom@intron.se
Växel:  0498 - 202700    Fax: 0498 - 214640
Intron Service AB        http://www.gotlandica.com

"Security is not a solution. It is a way of life."