Re: neighbor table overflow?

Hi

-----Original Message-----
From: Phill Kenoyer <phill@c0de.net>
To: debian-firewall@lists.debian.org <debian-firewall@lists.debian.org>
Date: 03 September 1999 08:00
Subject: Re: neighbor table overflow?

>Its starts when it boots up and trys to start programs like sendmail, and
>never stops.  The first time the card is used it starts doing it.
>
>|On 990902 20:34
>|^chewie (chewie@wookimus.net) wrote the following...
>|
>|On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Phill Kenoyer wrote:
>|
>|> I'm trying to setup a gateway using IP Masq. on Debian.  I have the same
>|> setup running with Slackware, but when I try to do it in Debian I get a
>|> error:
>|>
>|>   neighbor table overflow

I thought this error meant that the ARP cache was full.  I've seen it on a
subnet with a large number of machines while doing "nmap -sP 172.16.32.0/20"

linux/net/ipv4/route.c seems to confirm this (although I won't pretend to
understand the code.)

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood@kingsley.co.za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies