Re: Is my ISP hacked (II)?

Quoting Manel Marin <uni00771@pc-internet.com>:
> Hello again,
>
> Ops, I forgot to explain you my ISP tries to connect me to port 113 (auth) two
> or four times every time I send messages with smail.
>
> This port is about NIS/NIS+ domain issues, isn't it?

No. Your ISP tries to connect to port 113 (auth) to see if there is identd running.
So the ISP can authenticate the connection. Maybe the ISP tries to connetct to
this port several times, because you deny this attempt and he gets no response
from your machine. You should reject connection-attempts to this port, so the ISP
believes, there is no ident-server running.

Martin