RE: Start up scripts

I do not use these all. :-) BTW the second number listed is the use
count. As you see only ftp is in use now. But some of my users have used
vdolive and of course irc . Also we wanted to try cuseeme.

Anyway, I don't think restricting ftp to passive is a good idea. While I
agree that it is for security reasons it certainly is not for user
friendlyness. There's more to ftp than using a browser to access some
files. There are quite some programs, libraries and scripts that use
ftp. And not all are configurable.

I think we shouldn't act as if we were on an island. We will get users
who ask for these services and I prefer a firewall that has been
constructed with these in mind.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20