Let's see if this time it goes through...

Best,
Emilien

Le ven. 11 mai 2018 à 10:34, Emilien Klein <emilien+debian@klein.st> a écrit :
Re-sending this message with a different subject, since the word "unsubcribe" in the subject makes the debian-events-nl mailing list think I'm trying to "de-sub-scri-be" :

I got an automated mail from "SmartList" (debian-events-nl-request@lists.debian.org), first line being
"WARNING:
        Please try to use 'debian-events-nl-request@lists.debian.org'
        the next time when issuing "de-sub-scri-be" requests."

No, thanks "SmartList",  I'm not trying to "de-sub-scri-be" ...
Hopefully this message makes it through with this new subject?

Cheers,
Emilien

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Emilien Klein <emilien+debian@klein.st>
Date: ven. 11 mai 2018 à 09:55
Subject: DoS? Spam sent to debian-events-nl results in forced "de-sub-scri-be"
To: <listmaster@lists.debian.org>
Cc: debian-events-nl@lists.debian.org <debian-events-nl@lists.debian.org>

Dear Listmasters,

I have apparently been automatically "de-sub-scri-bed" from the debian-events-nl.

Looking at the bounced message that caused the forced "de-sub-scri-be" (linked to in the mail below, also available at https://lists.debian.org/debian-events-nl/2018/05/msg00000.html or attached to this mail for >7 days reference), the Google email servers have rejected the message because "this message is likely suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending domain." Looking at the body of the message, it is clearly spam/cryptojacking [*], so I am in fact happy that Google rejected that specific email.

Looking at the archive of the list https://lists.debian.org/debian-events-nl/, the last 3 messages sent to that list since January 2018 are spam without any "real" message being sent since December. Could it be that my Google email servers rejected the 3 messages, and that the Debian mailing list forces an "de-sub-scri-be" after 3 consecutive rejects?

If you ask me, it's unfortunate though that the Debian mailing list mechanism allows spammers to cause what could be described as a Denial of Service, resulting in me getting forcefully "de-sub-scri-bed" . And I assume other users of Google email are similarly getting "de-sub-scri-bed" , this could thus maybe even be described as a Distributed Denial of Service since one message (spam from spammer to mailing list) results in a multiplication of the issue (multiple users being force "de-sub-scri-bed" ), thus knocking these users off the Debian mailing list service for the future.

Best,
Emilien
[*] If you wonder about the content without opening the attachment, the message requests the sending of "940 united state dollar in BTC(cryptocurrency)" to "eliminate the records" of "your web camera made the videotape with you wanking,  in addition it captured exactly the porn video you masturbated on. In next few days my malware grabbed all your social and work contacts."

P.S.: top-posting since responding to an automated email, responding to the message as a whole instead of specific parts of the mail below.