Re: Linuxworld Boston status

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Ari Pollak wrote:

> I can definitely still make the flyers, but I'd like to talk to you
> about correcting some errors on them before I print 500.

Ok sure.  The alioth page has a link to the SVN repository.  You can send
me a patch.  But if the errors are to do with hyphenation or layout we may
be out of luck.  The free XSL-FO toolchain just isn't very good I'm
afraid.

> I'll try to find out if there's a place on campus that can do posters.
> Do you have the URL for them again, and do you know what physical size
> they're supposed to be?

http://73lab2.free.fr/debian_posters/

I don't remember how big they were exactly.  Some wacky european size
roughly 4x US Letter maybe?

> I'll also try to find out if there's a place around here that will do
> CDs in bulk.

Ok.  At least one cd vendor is going to donate some.  I'm still trying to
contact others.

> Also, I've seen people in the past who have various Debian stickers and
> other Debian merchandise (I think tbm even had a Debian keychain). Maybe
> we could get some of these to sell?

Bdale did Debian stickers and Matt Taggart brought a bunch last year.
Maybe he can do the same this year?  I don't know what the turnaround of
e.g. Cafe Press is.  I suspect it is too late but feel free to look into
it if you like.  Though I do think we should have atleast one Debian thong
(http://www.cafepress.com/debianstuff.3644086) just because...

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>