Re: CDs for Linuxworld

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Please don't list the r* part prominently.  We try to discourage
> > people to think of the updates as releases, which is why we stopped
> > creating 1.3.1, 1.3.2 etc, but switched to 2.0rX.  Call them
> > 3.0 CDs/DVDs and tell people to fetch the most important updates
> > from security.debian.org
>
> Got it.  In fact, I'm happy to take old 3.0r1 overstock if it means
> more CDs.

For example that.  There's no need to get people think the CDs are old
and useless just because 3.0r1 is printed on and we've already got the
second update.  They should update with security.debian.org anyway, if
their machine is net.connected.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin