Re: critics about our presence at LinuxTag 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 11:28:29PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> >> If you let visitors go there you (LinuxTag) need to pay for it...
> > Well, we would not let visitors go there, just debian folk. And maybe
> > LinuxTag could sponsor the space to us ? After all, it would be the same
> > price for them either it is unused or sponsored to us.
>
> No it would not. The space would be used, so they need to pay for
> it. If it isnt, like this year, they dont pay for it.

Oh, i understand. LinuxTag has to pay the owner of the building for it.
Ok, understood. No problem, in this case let's ask the owner (The
Karlsruhe city ?) for sponsorship and donation of that free space :)

> Its paid for every single *used* qm. The space behind the walls doesnt
> count as used so they dont pay for it...

Understood now, but you simply have to move the asking for sponsorship
one level higher. And seriously, donation of right to use otherwise
empty space is probably mostly cheap, not free though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther