Re: Re: CeBIT

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Michael Bramer wrote:

> But KDE is normal and no eye catcher. If you use things like
Regarding eye catching:  Please check

     http://people.debian.org/~tille/xplanet-ltk/

Do not expect a working package here but an example how to get a
background which shows the world covered with a current satelite
image of clouds.  People in my institute where really impressed
and sometimes can't believe this kind of weather report including
projection of sun and moon.

ATTENTION: The package will most probably not work because the URL
           for the clouds has changed!!!  I do not know if I will
           be able to update it in the next couple of days.
           Any volunteers (who could contact me for a working URL
           for the clouds ...)

Remark: We should perhaps build a debian-demo package which contains
        such kind of stuff and depends from all *basic* things
        (like a working X11, working sudo configuration, perhaps some
        KDE on a second screen as suggested by Grisu etc.) to get a box
        up and running quickly.

Kind regards

        Andreas.