Re: Re: CeBIT

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 12:32:18PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:57:49PM +0100, Michael Bramer wrote:
> >  - Don't use KDE. (KDE is not evil, but the visitors see this on _any_
>
> Why not?
>
> >    linux like booth.) You can install it, you can start a second X
>
> This doesn't look like a reason. I don't think we have be different than
> the rest by just not showing KDE. For most would-be-users the biggest
> task is realizing that Debian is a valid Linux system but just better in
> many areas. By nor showing KDE you just make this step harder to
> accomblish.
>
> Also keep in mind that many newbies need the easy GUI desperately.

I will not hidde KDE.

But KDE is normal and no eye catcher. If you use things like
'windowmaker', visitors will stop and ask 'is this Gnome? I only
hear/read something about it...'

And now you can talk about free software, about choices (KDE, gnome,
windowsmaker and the other XX WMs), about >10.000 Packages, apt-get, ...

You get the point?

My last mail has only some 'thoughts', it was and is no guideline!

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Windows kann kein Virus sein. Ein Virus ist in der Regel klein,