Re: -Events-

David N. Welton wrote:
> > If the powerpc or alpha box would look differnt than the average
> > "pc", then yes, else no.  Say, a Sun Ultra box with a nice "body" or
> > something else that looks cool, will be recognised.
>
> Mac machines almost always get noticed.  People very regularly ask me
> about my tibook "and it's running Linux?!".

This machine looks different.  That's the key -- I guess.

An average powerpc desktop box doesn't look any different from a midi
or mini sized pc.  Same for some alpha boxes.  Hence, people often
don't realise that something very different is running inside.

tervola, for example, is sitting in a midi tower and it looks like a
damn regular pc, yet still there's a powerpc inside.  If people don't
know the details, they don't notice.  And if they already know the
details and differences, they don't have to be shown.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If nothing changes, everything will remain the same.  -- Barne's Law