Re: Re: CeBIT

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:57:49PM +0100, Michael Bramer wrote:
>  - Don't use KDE. (KDE is not evil, but the visitors see this on _any_

Why not?

>    linux like booth.) You can install it, you can start a second X

This doesn't look like a reason. I don't think we have be different than
the rest by just not showing KDE. For most would-be-users the biggest
task is realizing that Debian is a valid Linux system but just better in
many areas. By nor showing KDE you just make this step harder to
accomblish.

Also keep in mind that many newbies need the easy GUI desperately.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De