Re: FOSDEM booth

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 01:19, Rémi Letot wrote:
> Ha ha, great prose :-)

Thanks.  ;)

> Ok, being a "native", I'll take this if noone
> else steps in. Be warned though that I don't know anything about the
> organisation in place, and that I can't be there before or after the
> fosdem days.

That's great!

> Anyway, Martin, can you tell us what information you have for the
> booth? Who to contact if needed, when to setup, dimentions, what comes
> with it (besides net and electricity), how many computers we can
> show,... Is that info available somewhere? The fosdem.org site seems
> quite empty for "exhibitors".

Based on past experience I suspect that we can do pretty much whatever we like
as long as we provide the cables.

As I said previously I'd like to run a SE Linux machine.  Preferrably we would
have things setup so that anyone who's using the 802.11b network would be
able to login and play with it.  My machine is a Cobalt Qube, it is a cube
that's 30cm on a side, weighs about 2Kg, has 2 * 100baseT network ports and a
good amount of free disk space.

I will be available to discuss my SE Debian work at any time, I'll provide a
phone number that you can call me on, have it ring twice as a signal for me
to come to the stand to talk to people (saves you the call cost).

Also I can give a speech on SE Linux and Debian at a moment's notice.