Re: [LT] Hardware at Debian Booth

Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de> writes:

> offered two TFT displays, Jörg Jaspert replaced one of the two 166MHz
> i386 by a faster one (300-500 MHz) and I can bring a monitor with me.

Its better now:
1 Athlon 700, 128MB RAM, 20GB HDD
1 Athlon 900, 3XXMB RAM, ~80GB HDD (dont know exact)
2* 19" Monitor

One of them is the "SE enhanced Debian" System. I think i have a ftp
mirror of ftp.debian.org on it too (only i386 and source).

The other one could be used for demos (Installdemo, etc.).

> Then we may need a machine to run the beamer (or does everyone who
> uses it bring a laptop with him?).

Take on Machine of the offered Hardware and only use that for the
Beamer.

> What software should we install/run on the machines?  I don't think
> that we want to see the backs of 5 developers reading their mail, so
> the machines should show some demo or something like this.  As far as
> I know most machines are not the most recent hardware, so high
> performance graphics demos may not be the best choice.  But simply
> running bb (the aalib demo) also doesn't sound too interesting.  So
> what do we want to run on the machines?

If i get it working the "SE enhanced" System (i prefer the 700er, i have
more time for this system, i can install the 900er not before Tuesday) has a
bluetooth USB Adapter on it, doing Masq. So we can read email from the
place behind the booth (if it is not more then 10m away).
(At least if you have a bluetooth ready Tool, like my ipaq :) )

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!