Re: Version 2 of CD Image

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 12:08:20PM +0200, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> I've got a brand new high capacity / high speed /dev/null and want to
> test it extensively.  Since I use it for backup I spend only a
> fraction of a minute for the job ;-)).

Gotta get such a beast myself too. I hope it's not that expensive. :-)

> > > I just vote to drop netscape.
> > I support that too. How about galeon?
> Uhmm - I never had the idea that Galeon would be out!!

I never checked the CD image so far. It was just a question as galeon
won't be usable without mozilla.

> > > Agreed.
> >
> > Do we even need one?
> No - as long as this would stop Galeon from beeing included.

Hmm, either I or you deleted too much text. This was about -dev
packages. I think we do not need a single -dev package on this CD.

>    High priority:      German documentation
>    Even high priority: English documentation where there is no
>                        (up to date) German translation
>    Lower priority:     English documentation which is quite an exact
>                        translation of the German text
>                        (Instead include Galeon.  Or just spare this
>                         space perhaps for galeon or even a funy game?
>                         Did I mention Galeon?)

May I add a pretty decent browser named Galeon? :-)

> In my opinion this would fit the needs of people randomly grabbing a
> Debian CD.  More knowledgeable users will find the relevant stuff
> themselves.

Exactly.

Michael
--