Re: LinuxTag: Current status of CD images

Hi,

having discussed about the new lt2k1-CD with ref and Joey on #debian.de
yesterday, we decided that in the current situation (BF's not ready and
probably won't be to the right time), the best solution is to use a
Potato-CD similar to the last year ones. Some upgrades should be on this
disk:

task-kde + Deps = 31355457 ~ 32MB
Mozilla + Dep's ~ 10MB
task-gnome* = 29376062 ~ 30MB
cbotha's Xfree-4.0.3 = 40124776 ~40MB
A.Bunk's 2.4.x kompatible Upgrades = 113741368 ~11MB
Summe: ca. 123MB

The summs above are estimated using quick-hacked one-liners, I can not
guarantee the correctness. I also have no idea which packages in Potato
can be completeley replaced by this upgrades so the correct calculation
must be done comparing Potato's Packages file and the files from the
series listed above.

Roland, could you provide us with more information?

Another thing: I have an idea for the CD cover, but we need people that
can draw thing more realistic than I ever could do. I imagined a cover
similar to the last one, but instead of the package listings in the
backround, there is aa simple tree structure symbolizing the tree of
dependencies, and on some external leafs of this tree are sitting the
"Mozilla", this KDE-kide, a gnome, antilope (GNU) on the "base" leaf,
probably other characters from important free projects (Tex-lion?).

MfG,
Eduard.

/* perl -pe '$max += $1 if /Size: (.*)$/; print $max; $_ = "\n"'
(for x in `grep-available task-gnome | grep Depends: | cut -f2 -d":" | tr "," " "` ; do apt-cache show $x ; done) | sort | uniq | grep ^Size > /tmp/tmp
for x in `apt-cache show task-kde | grep Depends: | cut -f2 -d":" | tr "," " "` ; do apt-cache show $x ; done > /tmp/tmp
*/