Re: Call For Papers - Linux2001: Manchester, UK

Not sure if I have already forwarded this one.

Are our UK people interested in running a booth?  If so, please
drop me a line.

Regards,

	Joey

PS: Somebody please provide me with the debian-uk list address since
I deleted it.

Alasdair Kergon wrote:

>                  UKUUG Linux Developers' Conference
>
>               Friday, 29th June - Sunday, 1st July 2001
>
>                          Manchester, UK
>
>   This year the Linux Developers' Conference returns to Manchester,
>   the birthplace of 'The Baby', the world's first stored-program
>   electronic digital computer.  The conference will take place at
>   UMIST's Manchester Conference Centre, starting midday on Friday,
>   29th June and ending early in the afternoon of Sunday, 1st July.
>
>   We are inviting speakers on all types of Linux development to
>   contribute.  The programme will cover a variety of subjects,
>   including kernel and desktop development, tools, applications,
>   and networking.  Any topic likely to be of interest to Linux
>   developers and enthusiasts will be considered.
>
>   The topics presented in recent years have included:
>     ARM Linux, Clustering, CORBA, Debian Package Management,
>     Enterprise Filesystems, Exim, Gnome, I20, Mail Servers,
>     Memory Management, Performance Programming for X, Samba,
>     Security, SMP and VMware.
>
>   Further details of earlier conferences can be seen at
>     http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2000/ and
>     http://www.linux.ukuug.org/linux99/
>
>   Initial abstracts should be sent electronically to the conference
>   organisers at linux2001@ukuug.org.  Abstracts should be
>   accompanied by a short biography, and, ideally, should be about
>   250-500 words long.  Final papers should normally last about 40
>   minutes, including 10 minutes for questions and answers.  If you
>   need more time for your presentation, please tell us when you
>   submit your abstract.  We shall acknowledge all submissions.
>
>       Closing date for abstracts:   30th March 2001
>       Accepted authors notified by:  5th April 2001
>       Final papers due by:          10th June  2001
>
>   Particular queries should be sent either to the UKUUG office,
>   or to the Linux2001 conference director, Owen Le Blanc
>   <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>.  To keep the conference fees low, we are
>   seeking sponsors and exhibitors.  For further information about
>   sponsoring, exhibiting, or attending the event please contact the
>   UKUUG office:
>       Email: office@ukuug.org    Telephone: 01763 273475
>
>   The programme and booking information will be available in
>   mid-April.  Information about the event will be updated on a
>   regular basis on the website:
>       http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2001/
>
>   We look forward to meeting you in Manchester!
>
> --
> linux2001@ukuug.org
> http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2001/

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum