Re: [LT Infomail#2] Urgent issues - Debian

Hi Joey,

As nobody else answered I guess I will take the torch.

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 12:14:54AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> 1. A place for the night
>    URGENT
> [...]
>    In order to make proper assumptions and to tell others how many and
>    who wants to stay there, I'd like to ask everybody who wants to
>    attend the show and who would like to use this potential offer to
>    drop me a line.  This request is *urgent*.  We already missed one
>    possibility since they requiered an exact list on Monday (May 30th).

I wonder if everybody reported to Joey already since nothing appeared
on this list. We should really collect who wants to stay on LinuxTag
I think.

The people I expected to bring with me are

- myself :-) (I need a place to sleep but I could as well lodge in a
  youth hostel)
- David Spreen: He does not know yet if he can get away from school for
  LinuxTag
- Roland Bauerschmidt: As expected the most dependable on my list.
  He answered fastest and will be there. Probably he will get there
  by plane though but he wants to drive back with us.
- Daniel Mester: No answer yet. Roland, do you have a way to contact
  him?

The persons I would expect to be there are

- Martin Schulze  ;-))
- Henning Heinold
- Christian Kurz
- Norbert Tretkowski
- Michael Bramer
- Juergen A. Erhard
- Alexander Benner
- Alexander Reelsen
- Marcelo Magallon
- Oliver M. Bolzer
- Federico Di Gregorio

At least that is the list of person I met on the last fairs I attended
to in Germany.

> 2. Exhibition Newspaper
> [...]
>    Each project is able to submit the following information:
>        . Name (I have that already)
>        . URL (I have it already)
>      --> Logo (EPS or TIFF), high resolution (your job)

I will leave that for the Debian press contact for germany who does
probably know better ;-) Or do you want me to provide something here,
Joey?

>    There are some logos available from last year's LinuxTag.  They
>    only have a low resolution but would probably be better than
>    nothing.  Unfortunately there seems to be no easy way to extract
>    them out of the database and I do lack severe amounts of time at
>    the moment.  If somebody has some time to share, I'd appreciate a
>    .tgz file with all logos from last year stored.

Okay, but where are these logos to be found? Is that data at least
available from your web pages? I would not have any issues with
writing some perl scripts or downloading the images manually.

Thanks

	Torsten