Re: adding locale for esperanto (eo_XX)

GOTO Masanori a écrit:

At Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:51:11 +0000,
Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
Olivier Archer <olivier.archer@infini.fr>:

So, we just have to add eo_EO (or EO_XX) to glibc-2.3.2/localedata/locales/SUPPORTED so users can set theire locale with dpkg-reconfigure locales.
You probably know more about it than me. Feel free to add comments to
the wishlist bug I have submitted:

http://bugs.debian.org/233308

If you want to update it, please send appropriate patches.

FYI, regional information can be altered with each LC_* environments.
Or refering "i18n" localedata may be useful for you.

Regards,
-- gotom

So ok, i can produce a patch when we are ok for the name (eo, eo_XX or eo_FR, eo_GB, etc)

Curently the patch is to rename eo_EO to eo_XX., and adding it in glibc-2.3.2/localedata/locales/SUPPORTED as eo_XX/UTF-8 (note: eo_EO is not in the glibc tree, it is currently a patch (glibc-2.3.2.ds1/debian/patches/glibc22-eo_EO.dpatch)

The patch inlude glibc-2.3.2/po/eo.po , (UTF-8 charset) who is syntaxly correct (no errors on msgfmt --check --statistics ) but is not well traduced as it's an automatic traduction. But people are helping me to traduce it.

I've done some try, the build is ok (exept error about top-menu.texi and chapters.texi, but this is not due to the patch). .deb package is installable and seems to work:

$bash
$kill -BUS $$
Au(tobuso eraro
$