Re: adding locale for esperanto (eo_XX)

Olivier Archer <olivier.archer@infini.fr>:

>    So, we just have to add eo_EO (or EO_XX) to
> glibc-2.3.2/localedata/locales/SUPPORTED so users can set theire locale
> with dpkg-reconfigure locales.

You probably know more about it than me. Feel free to add comments to
the wishlist bug I have submitted:

http://bugs.debian.org/233308

> btw, what's are differences between eo_EO you've write and Bertil
> Wennergren's one (eo_XX) ?

I haven't compared, but there are probably differences like
capitalisation of day names, which is something I try not to get too
excited about.

There are about half a dozen Esperanto locales floating around, and
Debian isn't the only GNU/Linux distribution to include one.

I presented Debian's eo locale upstream, but it wasn't accepted:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-07/msg00142.html