Re: Yet another list statistics for debian-enterprise

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 07:57:28AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Is this the right list to discuss this kind of things and even more
> importantly is it expected that such a list can provide a real
> *solution* or is it bound to end in senseless chatting without a
> result.
I do think this is the right list for this. And although there might not
be an "official" solution to these kind of problems at least tips and
tricks how others do it would be useful.

> Also some migration scenarios come to mind, whatever.  So the question is:
> What should be discussed here and how good are the chances that it does
> not end in whining about issues we can not change.
The following things come to mind:

* migration scenarios for clients and servers
* running the typical proprietary software on Debian and free software
  alternatives e.g. SAP and Adiempiere, Compiere or VMWare and oVirt
* typical requirements in so called "enterprise" environments like
  HA, virtualization, large scale package deployment.

Since the first google hit on "Debian Enterprise" is

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/d-enterprise/

putting the proper information there might make sense. Michael, could
you add a reference to the mailing list to the front page? I don't have
sufficient privileges to do so.
 -- Guido