Control Debian image size

Hi,

I have been searching build system and distro for my small Linux
embedded device for many weeks, the device has small resources, about
128 MB Flash and 64 MB RAM on imx6, it is a typical embedded system,
no GUI, no Desktop environment, no multiple user interfaces, the C++
applications are simply for data transfer and communication using
TCP/IP, the applications were previously running well on Debian 8
armhf, so Debian is my first choice, but the Debian image size could
be a major problem, it could be too large to blow out device resource
constraints, many people commended me to use OE or Yocto or OpenWrt
distro which image size seems much smaller than the Debian armhf. Is
it possible to control / reduce Debian armhf image size by Debian
build, or isar or some other build bools, to reach the same resource
requirement level in OE Yocto or OpenWrt?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh