Re: About restart Emdebian / Emdebain Crush

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

> Are you saying that you want to use your Debian workstation to run something
> like buildroot-ng, to create a busybox-based root filesystem for a device?
>
> Or, are you wanting to create and then run a small-footprint Debian on a
> device?

I want to do both.
I want to create and run a small-footprint Debian on a device.

> As I recall it,  Emdebian Crush ended because multiarch replaced much of it,
> and broke the rest of it. This was expected, since Crush was kind of a
> workaround for pre-multiarch.

About the cross compile environment, as you wrote, it became useless
by support of M-A.
I understand that there was a small rootfs using busybox and uclibc
(This may not have been supported yet.)
as another feature of Crush. Is this right?

> There might be easier ways to get to where you want to be than to bring
> Emdebian Crush back from the dead.

https://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianCrush

Indeed, when I saw this, as you wrote, I thought it would be better to
consider another way than to back Crush.

> b.g.

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro