Re: Debian based Filesystems with ELBE

Quoting Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
*Another debootstrap wrapper* ?? Please no.

I would prefer a more welcoming attitude when someone presents
their new contribution to Debian. But, hey, that's Debian! :~)

There was a session at DebConf15 which identified about 15 existing
wrappers that do much the same thing already.

Manuel, Neil, could you try to identify whether or not ELBE has
any "unique selling points" compared to other tools? E.g. to me
the automatic generation of a license file looks interesting and
I did not see elsewhere. At the fist sight ELBE looks more
"complete" to me than the other tools I looked at some years ago.

What I find strange with ELBE is how XML is (ab)used where IMHO
either RFC2822 style would be better (readability, common in
Debian, e.g. debian/control) or Shell/Python. E.g. why
"<rm>/usr/share/doc</rm>" instead of rm -rf or shutil.rmtree()?

Cheers