Re: Unmet dependencies problem in CrossToolchains

+++ John Morris [2015-03-30 22:16 -0500]:

> I'm going to try setting up Wookey's cross-build daemon

(careful - it really could do with some more work to be moderately
general!)

> or use
> sbuild directly, so never mind.  (I remember finding instances where
> `mk-build-deps` appeared to do the wrong thing even while the `dpkg`
> tools did the right thing, which has me suspicious of that script
> anyway.)
>

> >- Another project (Machinekit) I updated for cross-building will want
> >`pkg-config`.  Ubuntu supplies a special cross-build-aware version,
> >`pkg-config-arm-linux-gnueabihf`.  I'll pick it up, since I don't see it
> >in the Emdebian distribution.  Is that package something on the Emdebian
> >maintainers' radar?
>
> Answering my own prematurely-asked question:  The `pkg-config`
> package contains the `/usr/share/pkg-config-crosswrapper` script,
> which simply adds `PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/${triplet}/pkgconfig:/usr/${triplet}/lib/pkgconfig`
> to the environment.

And, importantly, /usr/share/pkgconfig

But that script is not sufficent, it has to be linked-to by
/usr/bin/<triplet>-pkg-config commands (which autotools will find).
Those links are provided by the extra ubuntu package or the
emdebian-modified pkg-config:<arch> package.

http://wookware.org/