armhf and year 2038 limitation

HI, I try to build a jessie based armhf embedded system that will pass the year 2038 limitation.

So far, I have learn that I have to use btrfs instead of ext4, and that the struct timespec.tv_sec must be 64-bit instead of 32-bit. It look like the Linux kernel already handle the time on 64-bit variable internally even on armhf, but that the libc and all applications that use it must be recompiled. Maybe I have miss some others points and maybe there is already a plan to handle the problem, for example in the next release, but I was unable to find good informations on this.

As we are still more than 20 years before the limit, the issue could sound only theoretical but it's actually more a confidence and marketing problem trying to push a system that is well known to hang in about two decades.

Any informations on the subject are welcome,

Regards,

Jean-Christian