Re: poky-debian

+++ Neil Williams [2015-04-07 09:02 +0100]:

> I no longer have write access to the Emdebian website.

You can have some if you want it Neil :-)

There is quite a lot of tidy-up of the old webpages that would be
useful if anyone can be bothered...(making clear what is deprecated
and removing defunct scripts). I do a bit occaisionally, but am
mostly just looking after toolchains/crossbuilding stuff.

An OE-based debian build has always been an interesting idea. Nice to
see someone actually trying it.

I think http://pragmatux.org/ is also a very interesting way of using
debian/emdebian on embedded systems, especially if you need to support
android stuff too, as it lets you manage android apps as debian
packages, and it uses all the good stuff we've done in debian to do
cross-development in a very 'debiany' way.
The website is sadly lacking info on these nice features though. I
guess you need to see
http://insymbols.com/misc/android-atop-linux-ee2014.pdf for some idea
of how it works.

http://wookware.org/