Re: poky-debian

On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 15:40:32 -0700
Blibbet <blibbet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed this talk from ELC'15:
>
> "Poky meets Debian: Understanding How to Make an Embedded Linux by
> Using an Existing Distribution's Source Code"
> http://elinux.org/images/1/1b/Poky_meets_Debian_Understanding_How_to_Make_an_Embedded_Linux_by_Using_an_Existing_Distribution%27s_Source_Code.pdf
>
> Slide 6 says:
>
> ---snip---
> Why not Emdebian?
> http://www.emdebian.org/
> As of July 2014, updates to the Emdebian distributions ceased.
> There will be no further updates and no further stable releases.
> ---snip---
>
> Project code is on:
> https://github.com/ystk/poky-debian
>
> Is Emdebian still healthy/active?

Emdebian no longer provides a distribution.

http://emdebian.org/News/2014/20140713.html

Other parts of The Emdebian Project, related to toolchains, are currently working on integration of the toolchains into Debian itself. That work missed the Jessie deadline and is now concentrating on (as far as I understand) toolchains for Stretch in Debian and toolchains for Jessie in Emdebian. So there is some activity in Emdebian but none of that work relates to the Emdebian Grip or Emdebian Crush distributions.

> The presentation seems to imply that
> Emdebian stopped as of July 2014.

Precisely as the slide indicates:
As of July 2014, updates to the Emdebian distributions ceased.
There will be no further updates and no further stable releases.

> Perhaps the Emdebian web site could
> be more clear about health -vs- stopping support of old flavors of
> Emdebian?

Emdebian Grip health: dead.
Emdebian Grip support: absent, on permanent, authorised & notified leave.

I no longer have write access to the Emdebian website.