Re: cross compile mips on x86_64: pcre?

On Friday 12. September 2014 03.57.11 YunQiang Su wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Paul Boddie <paul@boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > So, this seems to be a problem with dh_strip. Looking at the dh_strip
> > code indicates that a function called cross_command is provided in the
> > following file:
> >
> > /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm
> >
> > This appears to compare DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE and DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE, and
> > only if they are different does it generate a command prefixed with the
> > latter. So, to coerce it to use the appropriate objcopy command on
> > foreign libraries, the following appears to be necessary (for my
> > system):
> >
> > DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=i586-linux-gnu \
> > DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=mipsel-linux-gnu \
> > dh_strip ...
>
> Good idea. I will fix it.
> See: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=671032

Sorry not to have been searching (or finding!) the existing bug reports on the
topic! And thanks for reading my not-too-informative descriptions of my
experiences on this list.

I've actually been trying to build gcc 4.9 rather than 4.8 in the way
described because it looked like 4.9 may be getting updates a bit more
frequently than 4.8, but perhaps they both should be buildable in this way.

Paul