Re: cross compile mips on x86_64: pcre?

Hi,

The new way is 'multiarch' where you just install the standard target arch packages like
zlib1g:mips
That puts the files into
/usr/include/<triplet> (or sometimes just /usr/include if they don't actually vary with arch)

Obviously your toolchain needs to know to look in the right place for
headers and libs (A modern multiarch-aware one will try both
locations, an older one will only look in the /usr/<triplet> location)

Thanks! This makes makes a lot of sense. I had to hack configure (generated by autoconf 2.69) a bit for /dev/pmtx and the location of headers, but at least it compiles now and I can start seeing why it doesn't run :P

Regards, Arjen