Re: Status of Emdebian Grip

Quoting Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
If you have interest in retaining Grip *and are prepared to provide
some solutions to the issues above* then say so here. Otherwise,
neither testing not point releases will get updates and we then ought
to consider if unstable is worth retaining.

For a system I'm working on, we started with Grip but almost
immediately moved to stock Debian. As you said rightly, flash storage
size is seldomly a problem nowadays. RAM usage is more important, but
Grip does not address this problem. We just try to chose packages and
programs with low memory needs. Another problem is write behaviour
(i.e. too many writes to flash memory), but this again is not in the
scope of Grip.