Re: Debian or Embedbian on a powerful 64-bit system

Thanks for the extensive reply!

So I do have a custom kernel. Basically just a stock ubuntu kernel with
some modifications. Optimizations will probably be done later on.

I was able to get a chroot going with grip-wheezy.conf along with a
debian source with some extra packages.

So now I have the following questions:

 1. When providing the list of packages in the configuration, multistrap
    just downloads and unpacks the packages, there is no configuration
    done correct? Also, it seems there is no dependency resolution done.

 2. Now, how this chroot deployed into the root drive? Is there a way,
    like I mentioned before, to create a compressed filesystem out of
	this?

Thanks again for all your help and advice.

Uttam