Re: xapt created inconsistencies

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 07:28:55 -0400
Andrew Bradford <andrew@bradfordembedded.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:20:47 +0100
> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> > (If anyone thinks upgrading cross dependencies is easy, talk to some of
> > the people working on MultiArch cross-build toolchains and cross-arch
> > dependencies.)

That comment was aimed at a) posterity b) those who read the list but
don't necessarily ask or c) anyone who hasn't thought through the
problems. I generally try to write list emails such that, in future,
people can point new users with such questions at the list archive and
get all the answers without me having to write it all again in a
slightly different way.

> I don't think this stuff is easy, hopefully I'm not coming across
> otherwise.

:-)

> Thanks for your input and for your contributions to Emdebian / xapt,
> I've found both to be very useful and helpful!

Things can always be improved with infinite time & resources etc...