Re: Creating debs using a cross-build envronment?

    Hi all. I am following this thread with great interest.

As far as I know, Adacore provides gnat native and source. But, since the compiler is written in Ada, the source is of little use if you haven't already an Ada compiler. If you want a cross-compiler, I guess you'll have to pay for it.

I had this problem last year, trying to compile gnat for the Powerpcspe architecture. At that time, there was an unofficial Debian port for this architecture, but they had not ported gnat. Since I haven't the gcc skills to configure myself a gnat cross-compiler, I finally gave up.

As far as I understand, Emdebian now supports Powerpcspe for cross-building, and I think this would be *the* way for me, and similarly for Hurd. Svante, whatever method you use, this one or another, I would be happy to know how it works.

    Didier