Who is using langupdate?

I'm not sure about whether langupdate is necessary. The idea was good,
to make selection of TDebs simpler, but somehow, I doubt that many
Emdebian installations are being used in such a way that either the
configured locales or the package selection changes substantially on a
daily basis.

Most, if using TDebs at all, will know which packages need to expose
translated strings *and* which locales are going to be configured on a
per-device basis. Once installed, TDebs will automatically update just
as with normal packages - the only merit of langupdate was that it
would identify new translations and the translations for packages which
are installed *after* the initial setup.

According to Debian, a handful of people are "regularly" using
langupdate and I'm curious because I'm not at all sure it's actually
working any more.

Does it work? Why is it being used?