Re: Grip mirror with debpartial

On Fri, 27 May 2011 23:18:43 +0200
Marcus Osdoba <marcus.osdoba@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 05.02.2011 18:43, schrieb Neil Williams:
> >  From time to time, Emdebian Grip can end up with the same binary package
> > (sometimes at different versions) in two different components. reprepro
> > copes with this, other mirror tools might not. It is OK to do because
> > the component does dictate a new directory.
> >
> > I go through these duplicates from time to time but I'm a bit busy with
> > Squeeze right now. (i.e. I fixed this for Squeeze but don't have time
> > to fix it for unstable).
> I guess this time it's gcc an gcc-dev which ended up in two positions. I
> mixed up EmdebianGrip and Debian via multistrap using squeeze only.
> But multistrap refuses to find gcc-components [1].

It's nothing to do with gcc. It's the build-essential dependency on
libc6-dev which depends on libc6 which you have coming from Grip. All
Emdebian packages use the em1 version suffix.

 libc6-dev : Depends: libc6 (= 2.11.2-10) but 2.11.2-10em1 is to be
installed

Same version, binary compatible - that is why we have the dev component
in Emdebian Grip.

I've added content to the Wiki which explains the process:

http://wiki.debian.org/Multistrap#Debugging_package_selection_failures

The short answer is to use this Emdebian section:

[Emdebian]
packages=hello-debhelper squashfs-tools busybox apt
packages=linux-image-2.6-powerpc
source=http://www.emdebian.org/grip
keyring=emdebian-archive-keyring
suite=squeeze
components=main dev

It's the components that are important, the extra 'packages' line is
just so that the config doesn't get mangled by email processing (and is
only supported for the packages line because that can get quite long
otherwise).

http://wiki.debian.org/Multistrap/ComponentSupport