Re: Problem using mini-dinstall multistrap

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:14:08 +0200
> David Kuehling <dvdkhlng@gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm luckily running 2.1.12 (on powerpcspe I have no choice then to run
>> sid).  Looking at the changelog + debootstrap sourcecode I realized
>> that the correct syntax for the multistrap.conf source= line is:
>>
>> source=http://potts/debian-local/ unstable/

> I've created a stub @
> http://wiki.debian.org/Multistrap#Flat_file_archives which points to:
> http://wiki.debian.org/Multistrap/FlatFileArchives

Nice.

BTW I think I've found a bug with flat archives support in multistrap in
sid.  It does work during the bootstrap stage (i.e. correctly handled at
multistrap line 236), however there's another copy of the code writing
source.list.d at line 406 where the check for 'exists $flatfile' is
missing:

 $component = (defined $components{$aptsrc}) ? $components{$aptsrc}
		: (exists $flatfile{$aptsrc}) ? "" : "main";

As a result, bootstrapping still works, however, afterwards an illegal
sources.list is created and left in chroot/etc/apt/source.list.d,
reading:

 deb http://potts/debian-local/ unstable/  main

It produces an error during multistrap execution:

  [..]
  Reading package lists... Done
  E: Malformed line 1 in source list ~/chroot/etc/apt/sources.list.d/multistrap-local.list (absolute dist)
  E: The list of sources could not be read.

  Multistrap system installed successfully in ~/chroot.

But overall exit is still 0.  The 'retainsources=' functionality seems
broken, which might be a side-effect.

I'm not fluent in perl (I even had my problems understanding the code),
so can't supply a patch.

cheers,

David